The Bissell 1400-7 Little Green Multi-Purpose Deep Cleaner is the first in our series of Green Cleaning Gadget Reviews. Being small, this is an easy to store, easy to use in an emergency deep carpet cleaner, with some pretty impressive green credentials. Find out more whether this little compact cleaner, available from amazon, could help with your greener cleaning.
Okay this is not all natural organic, minimal product type green cleaning. But there are times in most of our homes when something bad gets spilt and if it isn’t dealt with pretty swiftly the future of our carpet becomes pretty short. Spoiling carpets and upholstery is why so many of us buy new furnishings so often. That is a big waste, so keeping them in tip-top condition and so keeping them for longer is a great way to be a little more environmentally friendly.
So, with the reasoning out of the way, lets have a little look at the Bissell 1400-7 Little Green Machine.
Bissell 1400-7 Little Green Compact Cleaner
We need to ascertain a few things about any green cleaning gadget. First and foremost of course is how useful a tool in the war against dirt is the little gizmo and secondly how green is the Little Green Compact Cleaner?
Cleaning with the Bissell Little Green Machine
The Bissell is a super compact cleaner designed to deal with unexpected spills in any place. Being small it is simple to take out to the car or use on the stairs and most importantly means it is easy to store in the cleaning closet between uses.
A wet and dry machine you add a concentrated biodegradable cleaning fluid (yes we love concentrated cleaners, they are the most eco friendly) and water. The machine then cleans the spill, with a powerful vacuum ensuring all the mess and all the cleaning fluid is removed. Dealing with spills by hand can often involve rubbing them into the carpet even more. Ensuring everything including the cleaner is sucked away ensures your carpet dries much more quickly and with much less chance of staining. Rubbing delicate fabrics can often in itself be a bad move, leading to more wear and tear. A simple suck with a machine is generally a much safer way to deal with carpet cleaning.
- A 2-3/4 amp motor ensure cleaner is sprayed powerfully and that the vacuum job is dealt with equally to a larger more cumbersome carpet cleaner.
- A 4″ cleaning path is compact but not too fiddly to deal with most spills.
- A 15-foot power cord that should make the machine portable enough to reach even the most awkward spots.
- Minimal maintenace. The only job is to empty the dirty reservoir between uses.
- Compact size. With dimensions of 9-1/10 by 18-4/5 by 13-1/4 inches it should be easy to store.
How Green is the Bissell 1400-7 Compact Cleaner?
Well, okay it is a gadget, and an electrical one at that, so of course it is not quite so environmentally friendly as elbow grease, soap and water BUT this gadget is trying its hardest to really push the boat out in green gadgetry. Other products can only hope to reach the giddy heights of greenness associated with this little machine…
- The brush block is made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic.
- The tanks are made from polypropylene (which is a more easily recycled plastic) and some 100% post consumer recycled plastic parts.
- PVC free tanks and hose.
- Packaging made from a minimum of 75% post consumer recycled material.
- Eco Cleaning Solution that is biodegradable and free from heavy metals, optical brighteners, phosphates, or dyes. The solution’s bottle is made from 25-percent post consumer recycled plastic and both bottle and cap are recyclable.
Bissell Little Green Compact Cleaner Reviews
Of course the only way to really know if this is the green cleaning gadget of your dreams is to try it out. But, the next best thing is to take a look at the large number of Bissell 1400-7 Little Green Cleaner Reviews. At the time of publishing this article there were already over one hundred customer reviews to browse, giving the compact cleaner an average of four out of five stars, which shows it must be a pretty good carpet cleaner. Being a compact a few issues with regards to the size of hose seem to be the most popular ‘complaints’, but overall customers seem to agree it does what it should, that is it cleans your carpets without costing the earth. The more ambiguous part is whether it is green enough for you. But if you are considering a carpet cleaner to prolong the life of your carpets, save money on steam-cleaning and save you time and money this Eco Gadget is certainly worth considering.
Overall the Bissell 1400-7 Little Green cleaning machine seems ideal for occasional spills and mishaps. And, since that is what it is designed for, and with some great green condentials we are happy for it to be the first of our green cleaning gadget reviews.