Please check out the following video to learn the basics to creating your own cleaners.
Use the 5 following attributes to create your own cleaning products. Make sure you don’t mix certain ingredients like vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Also, you can add essential oils for smell.
- Cleaner (soap) – to allow water to bond to oils
- Solvent (to remove stains) – water or a plant-based solvent
- Whitener (to remove colours)
- Abrasive (remove oils and grime) – i.e. Baking Soda
- Disinfectant (to kill germs) – uses acids, alcohol, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, essential oils